The UEFA Champions League play-off draw was broadcast live on Monday 2 August at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland.
The 12 teams have been drawn in six matches, which will decide the final slots of the group stage.
Champions League play-offs draw
Salzburg (AUT) vs Brøndby (DEN)
CFR Cluj (ROU) / Young Boys (SUI) vs Ferencváros (HUN) / Slavia Praha (CZE)
Malmö (SWE) / Rangers (SCO) vs Olympiacos (GRE) / Ludogorets (BUL)
Crvena zvezda (SRB) / Sheriff (MDA) v GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)
Monaco (FRA) / Sparta Praha (CZE) vs Genk (BEL) / Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Spartak Moskva (RUS) / Benfica (POR) vs PSV (NED) / Midtjylland (DEN)
What happens next?
The fixtures will take place at 9:00 p.m. CET on August 17/18 and 24/25, with extra time and penalties if necessary after the second leg. The winners advance to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League to join the 26 directly registered teams (draw on 26 August); all losing teams advance to the group stage of the UEFA Europa League (draw on August 27).
How the raffle worked
- There were two draws: one for the eight teams on the way to the champions (including two registered at this stage), the other for the four clubs on the way to the league.
- The teams in each draw were split evenly between seeded and non-seeded according to the club coefficient ranking.
- The draw included some teams participating in the third qualifying round on August 3/4 and 10. The club coefficient with the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in an uncertain tie was used for the purpose of the draw.
- The parts of the same association could not be drawn against each other.
- The balls containing the names of the seeded teams were placed in one bowl and the balls containing the unseeded sides were placed in another bowl. One ball was taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they were mixed. The first team drawn plays at home in the first leg.
Which teams were involved?
Two teams enter the competition at this stage and ten more advance from the third qualifying round.
FC Salzburg (AUT)
GNK Dinamo (CRO) / Legia Warszawa (POL)
Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / SK Slavia Praha (CZE)
Olympiacos FC (GRE) / PFC Ludogorets 1945 (BUL)
CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU) / BSC Young Boys (SUI)
FK Crvena zvezda (SRB) / FC Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
Malmö FF (SWE) / Rangers FC (SCO)
Brøndby IF (DEN)
KRC Genk (BEL) / FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
FC Spartak Moskva (RUS) / SL Benfica (POR)
AS Monaco FC (FRA) / AC Sparta Praha (CZE)
PSV Eindhoven (NED) / FC Midtjylland (DEN)
Play-offs draw procedure
COVID special rules
Please take note of the special rules applicable to the qualifying phase and the play-offs of the competition due to COVID-19, which can be found here.
As for traveling fans admitted to matches, more information can be found here.