Here’s a look at the 15 most-read articles published at the New Jersey Stage from August 14-20, 2022. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several columns and original features, as well as press releases for events taking place in statewide and nearby. areas like Philadelphia and New York. This week’s top 15 includes articles from 7 New Jersey counties (Atlantic, Bergen, Essex, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean) and one from New York.
1) Haunt O’Ween NJ will take place at Bell Works – (HOLMDEL, NJ) /PRNewswire/ — The Experiential Supply Co., an innovative experiential productions and attractions company that delivers premium viral destination experiences, and Fever, the global entertainment discovery platform, have today announced their revolutionary one-of-a-kind Halloween experience: Haunt O’Ween NJ will land in New Jersey this Halloween. The fully immersive spooktacular event will take place September 30 through October 31, 2022 at Bell Works, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd. in Holmdel, New Jersey.
2) The 18th Annual India Day Parade takes place on Sunday – (WOODBRIDGE, NJ) – The Indian Business Association presents the 18th Annual India Day Parade on Sunday, August 14 at 1:00 p.m. The parade begins at the intersection of Cinder Rd and Oak Tree Road in Edison and heads east to the intersection of Middlesex Ave and Oak Tree Rd in the Iselin section of Woodbridge.
3) Newark will host the annual Latin Festival on August 21t – (NEWARK, NJ) — Newark Mayor Ras J. Baraka, Deputy Mayor for Community Engagement Jacqueline Quiles, and the Office of Violence Prevention and Trauma Recovery will host the annual festival latin on Sunday, August 21, from noon to 10:00 p.m., on Bloomfield Avenue between Lake Street and Clifton Avenue, in the North Ward of Newark. The event is themed Newark Forward Minus Violence Equals Our Future. The event is free and open to the public.
4) Weequahic Park House Music Festival – (NEWARK, NJ) — This year’s Weequahic Park House Music Festival takes place Saturday, September 10, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in beautiful Weequahic Park! The star-studded event is New Jersey’s largest house music festival and also features a splash of festive Caribbean soca music. Lineup includes DJ Punch, DJ T-Wise (Ubiquity Soul), Kevin Lyttle, Evelyn “Champagne” King, CeCe Rogers, DJ Hippie Torrales, DJ Dan Dan, The Basement Boys, Crystal Waters (from “Gypsy Woman (She’s Homeless) “Glory), DJ Martin Gee and Joe Claussell.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
5) Newark will host streetball legends on Saturday – (NEWARK, NJ)/Black PR Wire – On August 20, 2022, the streets of downtown Newark will come alive with the sights, sounds and innovative style of basketball that have made athletes such as “Main Event “, “Hot Sauce,” “The Professor” and other streetball players on basketball courts around the world, iconic legends. The Newark Streetball Festival will be held at 920 Broad St, across from City Hall, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Activities are free to the public, but registration is required. Participants can register at www.btsba.com and in person. The event will bring together basketball fans and families to enjoy a one-of-a-kind festival!
6) Vineland hosts the 5th annual Food Trucks on the Ave Festival – (VINELAND, NJ) — Come hungry as the Food Trucks on The Ave festival returns to downtown Vineland for the fifth year on Sunday, August 21, rain or shine, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Landis Avenue and the Boulevard. It will feature over 20 food trucks and a full range of non-stop entertainment and activities. Free entry.
7) bergenPAC announces new board members – (ENGLEWOOD, NJ) — Bergen Center for the Performing Arts (bergenPAC) announced the addition of four new members to its Board of Directors. Ray Chew, Vivian Scott Chew, Steven Goldstein and Valerie Vainieri Huttle have joined the bergenPAC board at a critical time as the historic theater‘s $15 million Invest in the Arts Capital campaign funds a comprehensive restoration and renovation of the historic site.
8) America LIVE! on the beach in Seaside Heights, NJ – There’s a free wind blowing in from the ocean tonight August 6, 2022 as a cheering crowd on the beach in Seaside Heights, NJ prepares for a nostalgic evening of music from the best folk-rock band of the 70s , America.
9) Harry Styles will play 15 shows at Madison Square Garden – (NEW YORK, NY) – On May 27, international superstar Harry Styles announced that he had sold out all 42 dates of his huge Love On Tour 2022 in support of his new album Harry’s house. This includes the 5 additional dates in New York and 5 in Los Angeles that have just been announced. Following two special One Night Only shows in New York and London, the 2022 tour will give fans access to multiple nights in each major city, transforming iconic locations into Harry’s House for the series of shows.
10) Newark will launch an outdoor dining initiative – (NEWARK, NJ) – On August 15, 2022, Mayor Ras J. Baraka announced that the City of Newark will launch its “Taste of Newark” outdoor summer dining initiative on Sunday, August 21 at two locations. It will continue on Sunday September 4 and Sunday September 18. These three Sundays, restaurants on Ferry Street and Mulberry Street will be allowed to extend their outdoor dining to the street, from noon to 9 p.m. On these dates, these hallways will be temporarily closed to traffic to create an open outdoor dining space.
11) Dana Fuchs LIVE! on the Atlantic City Boardwalk – Music lovers gather tonight August 2, 2022 at Kennedy Plaza on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, NJ for a free Wednesday night Mardi Gras AC concert with blues-rock musician Dana Fuchs. Known for her distinctly soulful voice, Fuchs made a name for herself playing Janis Joplin in the off-Broadway musical, Love, Janis, and also appeared as Sadie in the 2007 film, across the universe. As a recording artist, Fuchs released a number of well-received albums, including those from 2003 Alone for a lifetime, 2011 like to beg, and 2013 Happiness Avenue. His the last recording is from 2022 Borrowed time.
12) PHOTOS from the 3rd Annual HEART Festival in New Brunswick – (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) — The 3rd annual New Brunswick HEART Festival took place on Saturday, August 13, 2022. The event was presented by State Theater New Jersey, the New Brunswick Cultural Center, the New Brunswick Center for the Performing Arts (NBPAC), and AboveArtStudios and hosted by New Jersey Radio Hall of Famer Bert Baron and TSO Productions founder Sharon Gordon. The family-friendly festival celebrates the arts each year and includes live music and dance performances, dance lessons, craft vendors, and more. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take pictures.
13) PHOTOS of “Tommy” at the Algonquin Arts Theater – (MANASQUAN, NJ) — The Algonquin Arts Theater presents The Who is Tommy from Friday August 12 to Sunday August 21. A smash hit on both sides of the Atlantic, it’s the powerful story of a deaf, dumb and blind pinball player who becomes an international sensation burst onto the stage in this multi-award winning adaptation of the original rock album. topping the charts. Hit songs include “Pinball Wizard”, “See Me, Touch Me”. This show contains adult content.
14) American Idol’s Constantine Maroulis stars in “Broadway Meets the Beach” – Despite a threatening weather forecast, fans of Broadway musicals wait on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights, NJ this drizzly Friday, August 5, 2022 for a live performance of Broadway meets the beach.
15) Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn Hosting Fall Fest – (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) /PRNewswire/ — Lambertville Station Restaurant and Inn, a member of Genesis Hospitality, will host its first annual Fall Fest on Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23, 2022. This free festival is open to the public and welcomes fun seekers from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., rain or shine. The Fall Fest community celebration will feature games, family activities, delicious food, a beer garden and live music.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
Event previews are still one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first post them, and then again when they’re brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place – sometimes even months later. Make sure your events are previewed by sending us press releases to [email protected] – for even more promotion, check out our advertising rates which range from $50 to $100 for a full month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.